Counterfeiting has gone way beyond imitations of designer handbags and brand name sunglasses. Today, sophisticated schemes target a wide range of products around the world, introducing new dangers in markets such as pharmaceuticals, consumer electronics and car/plane spare parts. This raises the stakes, because it’s not just income and company images that are threatened — consumer health and safety are also at risk.
- Analysts estimate that nearly 10 percent of the drugs sold worldwide are counterfeit, representing a significant risk to patient safety and brand income. Given the global nature of the pharmaceutical supply chain, manufacturers are struggling with the growing complexity and cost of deploying regional compliance solutions.
- For suppliers of consumer goods, such as computer OEMs, counterfeits do significant damage to income and brand reputation, and often go undetected until the fake guarantee claims come flooding in.
- For automotive and aircraft spares, counterfeits that are manufactured in breach of trademark law, refurbished but not disclosed as such, repackaged without authorisation or assembled with unauthorised component parts erode profits and jeopardise public safety.
Axway Track & Trace fights against counterfeiting with an open, flexible and efficient business activity monitoring solution for capturing and managing end-to-end supply chain events. By associating business context, product and customer master data, event data used to monitor processes is transformed into actionable intelligence that is available to all trusted partners in the chain.
By providing clear visibility into what is happening in your distribution channels, Track & Trace enables you to:
- Maintain a permanent link between a product (bulk or individual) and the initial distribution channel partner purchase order,
- Allow internal and external trusted parties to access product identification, location, status and event data at any point in the supply chain,
- Ensure compliance with existing and emerging track-and-trace regulations, such as ePedigree,
- Support field investigations, by providing remote query access to validate product identification and authorised sales channels using a serial number or a combination of criteria identifying the product,
- Reduce loss of income, lessen brand risk and protect consumers by quickly identifying suspect products in the market and rapidly initiating targeted recalls if necessary,
- Immediately identify invalid guarantee claims,
- Define bespoke business rules, alerts, reports and dashboards to create a chain of evidence and help departments which are responsible for product security or brand protection to analyse information coming in from channel partners,
- Enable your customer service department to quickly answer customer, partner or consumer questions about the guarantee, recall or destruction status of a product.
You can deploy multiple Event Repositories at regional level to meet localised business objectives, and decentralise data storage and management of serialised events to reduce costs and risks. A central Event Repository can integrate the regional repositories to provide a global view of product lifecycle events across the company in support of regulatory compliance and other business objectives.