Axway ProcessManager uses a collaborative, service-oriented architecture to separate business logic from technical logic, making process changes easier to implement and keeping information systems agile and aligned. ProcessManager enables your Line of Business managers to project and quickly respond to changing business conditions, by modelling processes that identify events and trigger activities, such as application business services and cooperation with business partners.
ProcessManager’s graphical modelling environment is based on the Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) 1.1 standard, which allows business managers to represent almost any possible business process logic and pattern by drawing a diagram. IT staff can then specify the attributes for the process objects, such as:
- the relevant communication service (e.g. OFTP 2) for an incoming order,
- the back-end integration service for processing the order in the ERP system,
- the transformation service for converting the file (e.g. EDIFACT or XML),
- the routing mechanism.
The modelled process can then be tested and refined before it is put into production.
In fields such as accounting, payment and B2B flows, ProcessManager provides business staff with visibility and control over established processing chains — without having to re-engineer them.
In fields such as telecommunications, complex order management, online service provisioning and customer service, ProcessManager can also help you:
- Manage the entire lifecycle of a business process, including modelling, automation within the information system, automatic execution on a process engine, IT operation, together with business and technical monitoring and analysis.
- Reduce time to market by re-engineering all or part of a value chain to simplify how you provide services to customers. You can re-use service and process models to reduce time to market and help increase the competitiveness of your business.
- Give business staff end-to-end visibility over existing, new and re-engineered business processes to support fulfilment of service level agreements (SLAs).
- Reduce costs by facilitating system evolution and building scalability into your processing to capitalise on existing IT assets and fulfil high volumes of service orders.
- Improve communication between CIOs and business managers by using the graphical BPMN interface to depict end-to-end flows of business processes, and by coordinating the sequence of processes and messages that flow between participants.
- Implement proven best practices according to Axway’s recommended architecture, methodology and project approach. Axway is a sponsor/member of the OMG and OASIS open standards.